Best ways to learn Digital Marketing at home
The rapid development of social networks and digital means of communication (web, mobile, VR, voice) requires skills and knowledge in this field and thus, makes digital marketing one of the most interesting and highly demanded professions. Studying digital marketing means wanting to establish yourself in a very lucrative and evolving market and participate in the success of companies present in all fields of activity.
Before we dive in, it’s necessary to understand what the main fields of digital marketing are:
-Search Engine Marketing
-Analytical tools, etc.
Search Engine Marketing includes Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Pay-Per-Click advertising.
SEO is the art of optimizing a web project and its environment for search engines (Google, Bing, Yahoo…). You can use the following guides to start with SEO:
- Search Engine Optimization Starter Guide(by Google)
- SemRush Online Courses of SEO (by SemRush)
- SEO Online course (by Coursera)
PPC marketing is a direct response tool to get sales and new customers. The goal is to generate relevant ads for the target segment of your business and to optimize your website so that users can easily act. PPC ads help you reach the target audience faster than SEO you should pay for every click.
To become a PPC specialist you should not only get a certification, but also practice a lot.
The following resources can teach you everything you need to know about PPC:
- Google Academy for Ads(Free – Get certified for PPC)
- Google Digital Garage(Free – Online marketing courses by Google)
- Google Ads Guide(Free – How to get started with Google Ads)
- Bing Ads Guide(Free – Bings Ads get started guide)
- SEMRUSH PPC Academy– (Free – PPC Courses by SEMRUSH)
The objective of content marketing is to generate leads, gain new customers and engage a community by delivering interesting, useful, informative, attractive, entertaining and relevant content.
A good content marketer should have great writing, SEO copywriting and analytical skills.
Here are some resources to get started with content marketing:
- Content Marketing Made Simple(Free – Introduction to Content Marketing)
- Content Marketing Guide(Free – A complete guide)
- Content Marketing Course(Free – By HubSpot)
Inbound marketing is a marketing strategy with a different approach than traditional marketing. The goal of inbound marketing is to attract prospects with quality content and then convert them into customers without having to contact them.
Inbound Marketing is an American term from 2006 developed by the publisher of Hubspot software.
That’s why I would like to suggest the course of Inbound Marketing by HubSpot:
- Inbound Marketing Course(Free Course – By HubSpot)
Social Media Marketing
Nowadays, practically everyone uses social media every day to chat with their friends, post content or just watch what’s new. And since social networks are followed by thousands of people around the world, it is therefore relatively wise to use Social Media Marketing to attract customers to you.
Almost each platform has its own courses that you can use to learn SMM and enhance your skills.
Use the following resources to get started with social media marketing:
- Facebook Online Courses(Free – by Facebook)
- Twitter Marketing Guide(Free Guide)
- Pinterest Marketing Guide (Free – by Pinterest)
- LinkedIn Marketing Guide (Free – by LinkedIn)
Email marketing is not dead. Email is still one of the most effective ways to get in touch with your customers. Due to its great accessibility, it can reach various audiences who are not necessarily comfortable with the Internet – it is the most generalized marketing support.
Here are some of my recommendations to get started:
- Email Marketing Guide (Free – by MailChimp)
- Get Started with Email Marketing(Free – Suitable for beginners)
Digital Marketing Analytics Tools
The role of digital marketer is not only run campaigns and make an effective communication, but also to measure the results. With different platforms and tools, it is easy to adapt a metric-driven approach.
- Google Search Console Guide (Free – by Backlinko)
- Google Analytics Academy Courses (Free – by Google)
- Getting Started with Google Data Studio (Free –Reporting Tool)
- SEMRUSH Academy (Free)