Google Ad Grants: Free advertising for non-profit organizations
We do searches every day on Google and sometimes we click on sponsored links to find our answers. These sponsored links are ads that companies pay to appear on Google. You are an association and you want to advertise for free on Google to increase the number of your members, collect more donations or simply make your cause known? This is exactly what the Google Ad Grants program is all about, allowing associations to receive up to $ 10,000 of advertising per month! In this article, we explain how to apply.
What is Google Ad Grants?
The Google Ad Grants program is much the same as the traditional Google Adwords program, that is, ads are shown on Google’s results pages and advertisers also manage their own campaigns. But this version of Adwords intended for non-profit organizations so they can advertise on Google.
Adwords are the search results below which it is marked “Announcement” . They are traditionally located at the top of the page and on the right side of the search page. Here is an example :
Why apply to Google Ad Grants?
Google Grants is an opportunity for associations. The program will allow you to attract potential volunteers, members, donors, sponsors, clients, event participants or maybe just people who will love your cause and go talk about them … Then you create good “landing pages” (landing page to which the people who click will be redirected) to “convert” the people who will arrive on your site.
Conditions of admission to Google Ad Grants
To use the Google Ad Grants program, your organization must:
- Be registered as a charity under the statutes set up in your country.
- Accept the conditions necessary for your registration, regarding non-discrimination and reception and use of donations.
- Have a functional website with sufficient content.
- Do not belong to the following categories: government agencies, hospitals and medical groups, universities, schools, daycares, academic sectors.
If your Google Ad Grants application has been approved, you must meet the following conditions if you wish to retain your rights:
- Your ads must return to a single landing page and the landing page must return to the approved non-profit organization’s website when you register.
- You must log in to your account at least once a month.
- Your ads and keywords should reflect your organization’s mission.
- If you sell products or services, all of your sales must be used to support your organization’s actions.
- Your landing page should not consist only of links that link to other websites.
- You can not take advantage of the traffic generated by your ads to display advertising on your website such as Google AdSense.