Using Mailchimp, sending better mail!
During my internship this summer, I learned how to make professional newsletters and send beautiful mails.
Yes, I learned to use mailchimp!
So what is it?
MailChimp is an email marketing service provider, founded in 2001.
It’a s tool which will allow you to manage your mailing lists, to conceive professional newsletters, to schedule them and to follow the results of you campaigns.
I like different things about Mailchimp, I’ll make a list to tell you:
- Free service up to 2000 emails: You can use it for free if your list count less than 2000 subscribers.
- It’s really simple and intuitive: The interface of Mailchimp is very easy to use. All the operations are presented in a clear way. You will not need a lot of time to get used to it, and you’ll see it’s really very pleasant to use.
- It got hundreds of customizable templates. If you are like me and like to have a beautiful mail (with perfect design) you will be happy to know that it’s simple to create and change a template in Mailchimp. Or you can choose one among the hundreds of responsive Mailchimp templates.
- Optimized hour of sending. Thanks to the data collected on your previous campaigns, Mailchimp can calculate automatically the hour for which you will have the most of you emails opened by the subscribers. It’s a feature that I have never seen somewhere else.
- Automatic cleaning of the lists: A subscriber of a Mailchimp list can have one of the following statuses: subscribed, unsubscribed, deleted or cleaned. The cleaned status is attributed in an automatic way to the emails who are “non-existent account”, “blocked account”, “server does not answer”. This feature allows to clean automatically your lists.
- Compatible with numerous tools: Mailchimp is a known tool. More than 9 million are using it because it is generally compatible with most of the plugins of WordPress.
- And the last thing, really important for some of us: a Mailchimp account can be used by several users. It is ideal for collaborative work.